NOTICE IS HERE BY GIVEN THAT the Annual General Meeting of the shareholders of Shams Textile Mills Limited will be held on October 25, 2022 at 9:00 a.m. at Registered Office of the Company i.e. 7-B-III, Marina Homes, Aziz Avenue, Gulberg-V, Lahore to transact the following business:
1. To receive, consider and adopt the Audited Accounts together with the Directors’ and Auditor’s reports there on for the year ended June 30, 2022
2. To appoint auditors of the Company and fix their remuneration.
3. To transact any other business with the permission of the Chair
Lahore By Order of the Board
21 September, 2022
By Order of the Board
21 September, 2022 Company Secretar
The Members’ Register will remain closed from October 19, 2022to October 25, 2022(both day inclusive)
1. Shareholders interested to participate in the meeting through video link are requested to email their Name, Folio Number, Cell Number and Number of Shares held in their name along with valid copy of both sides of Computerized National Identify Card (CNIC) at firstname.lastname@example.org by 24 October 2022. The video link and login credentials will be shared with only those members/designated proxies whose emails, containing all the required particulars.
2. A member eligible to attend and vote at this meeting may appoint another member as his/her proxy to attend and vote instead of him/her. Proxies in order to be effective must be received by the Company at the Registered Office not later than 48 hours before the time of holding the meeting. The proxy form shall be witnessed by two persons, whose names, addresses and CNIC numbers shall be mentioned on the form. A proxy must be a member of the Company. The proxy form is annexed to the notice sent to the members. In case of corporate entity, the Board of Director’s resolution/power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be submitted along with copy of CNIC of the representative.
The provisions of Section 242 of the Companies Act, 2017 require the listed companies that any dividend payable in cash shall only be paid through electronic mode directly into the bank account of designated by the entitled shareholders. Accordingly, the shareholders holding physical shares are requested to provide the Company’s Share Registrar at the address given here in above, electronic dividend mandate on E-Dividend Form provided in the annual report and also available on website of the Company. In the case of shares held in CDC, the same information should be provided to the CDS participants for updating and forwarding to the Company. In case of non-submission, all future dividend payments may be with held
Pursuant to the provisions of the Companies Act, 2017, the shareholders residing in a city and holding at least 10% of the total paid up share capital may demand the Company to provide the facility of video-link for participating in the AGM. The demand for video-link facility shall be received by the Share Registrar at the address given here in above at least seven (7) days prior to the date of the meeting on the Standard Form provided in the annual report and also available on the company’s website.
As per Section 72 of The Companies Act, 2017 every existing company shall replace its physical shares with book-entry form in a manner as may be specified and from the date notified by The SECP, within a period not exceeding four years from the commencement of the Companies Act, 2017 i.e. May 31, 2017. The shareholders holding shares in physical form are requested to please convert their shares in the book entry form. For this purpose, the shareholders may open CDC Sub-account with any of the brokers or investor account directly with the CDC to place their physical shares in to scrip-less form. This will facilitate them in many ways including safe custody and sale of shares at any time they want as the trading of physical shares is not permitted as per existing Regulations of the Pakistan Stock Exchange Limited
Shareholders, who by any reason, could not claim their dividend or bonus shares or did not collect their physical shares, if any, are advised to contact our Share Registrar M/s. Corptec Associates (Private) Limited, 503-E, Johar Town, Lahore, to collect/enquire about their unclaimed dividend / shares, if any.
The Company has placed a copy of the Notice of AGM, Annual Separate and Consolidated Financial Statements for the year ended 30 June 2022 alongwith Auditors and Directors Reports there on and Chairman’s Review on the website of the Company : www.shams.com.pk
Shareholders are also requested to notify immediately any change in their E-mail address to the Share Registrar of the Company, M/s. Corptec Associates (Private) Limited, 503-E, Johar Town, Lahore. Ph.042-35170335-37